Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
Happy 2015? Newsweek hit piece smears Bible, Christians
Dec. 31, 2014 - Newsweek and Time magazines are known for taking swipes against the Bible and Christianity during the holy seasons
of Easter and Christmas. Newsweek's new management intensified their attack with an issue about the Bible. Their articles are
predictably skeptical of the Bible and are especially disdainful of evangelical Christians.
Read Newsweek to get a feel for the spirit of persecution that permeates the globe and is now coming to the U.S. Then read the reviews of this
issue by Christian leaders.
- Source: Fox
- The Bible — So Misunderstood It’s a Sin - Newsweek
Newsweek on the Bible — So Misrepresented It’s a Sin - Albert Mohler
A hopelessly biased screed against alleged bias - David Limbaugh - Human Events
- 'Newsweek's' Stunning Arrogance - Bill Donohue - Christian News Wire
The Social Network Gospel
June 12, 2012 - There is a revival of Bible knowledge because of new technologies. It is reminiscent of the spread of God's Word
after the invention of the printing press! Robert C. Crosby writes:
The physical roads of the Roman Empire that connected people throughout the then-known world, made the spread of the Gospel possible. Today
the Internet, the smartphone, the tablet, and social media are the "new Roman roads" that connect millions of homes and individuals with the
ability to engage others with the teaching of the Bible.
- Not only do billions around the world now have access to the Bible online, and not only are many of them actually reading it,
they're also actively engaging with the Word of God—and with one another....
- Source: Christian Post
New Bible yanks 'Father,' Jesus as 'Son of God'
Jan. 30, 2012 - New "Muslim-friendly" Bibles are being produced by a variety of missionary organizations. They try to
avoid the major differences between Christianity and Islam. They change references to God as “Father,” to Jesus as the “Son” or “the
Son of God.” An Arabic version of the Gospel of Matthew produced and promoted by Frontiers and SIL changes Matthew 28:19
- “baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”
One opponent of the idea is the leader a church in Bangladesh. He says thie gives fuel to the often-heard Muslim claim that Christians
are liars who change their Bibles to deceive Muslims.
- “cleanse them by water in the name of Allah, his Messiah and his Holy Spirit.”
Thousands of Christians have signed a petition to encourage Bible translators to stop this practice.
- Source: Joel Richardson - WND
Petition to keep ""Father" & "Son" in the Bible
Gospel of Mark Fragments Reportedly Found; Possibly Oldest NT Artifacts
Feb. 20, 2012 - Dallas Theological Seminary professor Daniel B. Wallace has given a brief preview of a very important discovery of
New Testament papyri, but could not give the details, pending publication of the findings next year.
- [He] said that newly discovered fragments from the Gospel of Mark could be the oldest New Testament artifacts ever found and
date from the first century A.D., or during the time of eyewitnesses of Jesus' resurrection.
- Source: Christian Post
Time Mag Editor: Koran Is ‘Directly The Word of God,’ Bible Just a Book ‘Written By Man’
Apr. 5, 2011 - On this week's MSNBC’s Hardball program, Time Magazine’s World Editor Bobby Ghosh was
apparently defending the murderous rampage in Afghanistan after the burning of a Koran in a Florida church. He said,
“keep in mind” that the Koran is “not the same as the Bible to Christians,” because the Koran is “directly the
word of God,” while the Bible is just a book “written by men.”
Warner Todd Huston, a Chicago based freelance writer, comments:
- The Bible is thought of as “the word of God” by millions of Christians across the world as it has been
throughout time. Ghosh’s claim that everyone just accepts the Bible as something “written by men” and easily
- Source: Big Journalism
World’s Oldest Bible Reunited Online
July 7. 2009 - Thanks to collaboration between four institutions, the world's oldest surviving Christian bible, Codex Sinaiticus, is now available in high resolution digital images on the Internet. Each of the four institutions holds portions of the physical manuscript.
- The virtual reunification of Codex Sinaiticus is the culmination of a four-year collaboration between the British Library, Leipzig University Library, the Monastery of St Catherine (Mount Sinai, Egypt), and the National Library of Russia (St Petersburg)...
- Source: Happy News
Questions About The Bible
These are some of the questions that are asked about this topic. Search the links section to find helpful teaching and resources from Christian apologists.
Is the Bible true?
- How do we know the Bible is true? - ChristianAnswers.net
- Video: Can the Bible Be Trusted? - Lee Strobel
- Is the Bible Reliable as a Historical Document? - Lee Strobel
- Can I Trust the Bible? - Josh McDowell
- Online Book: Reasons Skeptics Should Consider Christianity - Josh McDowell and Don Stewart
Are there contradictions in the Bible?
- Seeming Contradictions - Ray Comfort - Excerpted from The Evidence Bible - on ChristianAnswers.Net
- Countering Bible Contradictions - Andrew Tong, Michael J. Bumbulis, MaryAnna White, Russ Smith, and others (1994-1995). Note: These people don't claim to be Bible scholars, but they still have good answers to this classic list of supposed contradictions in the Bible.
What is the difference between the Old and New Testaments?
Why do Catholics have extra books in their Bible?
Does archaeology validate the contents of the Bible?
Is the Bible accurate(reliable)?
Is the Bible inerrant?
Didn’t humans write the Bible?
What is “inspiration”?
- Inspiration - WebBible Encyclopedia
- Is The Bible Inspired? The Religious Writings of the World - CRI (Christian Research Institute – Hank Hanegraaff
- Does God Try? - Stand to Reason – Gregory Koukl
- Is the Bible Infallible, Inerrant, and Verbally Inspired? -The Gospel Way
- The History of the Doctrine of Inspiration From the Ancient Church Through the Reformation - Bible.org – M. James Sawyer
How does textual criticism work?
How was it determined which books belong in the Bible?
Do the prophecies in the Bible prove that it is true?
How have people tried to destroy the Bible?
Links About The Bible
Answers In Genesis
- Extensive website reflecting the teaching and ministries of founder Ken Ham. Information is available about their "Creation Museum" in Cincinnati and Answers Magazine.
Apologetics: A Reasoned Defense of Christianity
- Southern Baptist – North American Mission Board
Catholic Encyclopedia: Apologetics
The Center For Christian Apologetics
Christian Answers Net
- Apologetics megasite
Christian Research Institute (CRI)
- Home of the "Bible Answer Man" radio program with Hank Hanegraaff. Publisher of the "Christian Research Journal." They have a large searchable database with helpful articles on all aspects of apologetics.
Lifeway Article Repository on Apologetics
- Find a wealth of useful information from Chuck Missler. His unique approach and insights make him one of the most popular teachers of our time. The new website includes audio files. Selected articles from Personal Update, read by 100,000 subscribers, are also available.
Reasons To Believe
- Biblical creation teaching from the perspective that astronomy and other scientific disciplines prove that the earth and Universe are billions of years old. Dr. Hugh Ross is President and Director of Research.
Stand To Reason
- This is the website for "Stand To Reason" radio show and host Greg Koukl. Koukl and other faculty members offer lectures and seminars geared towards helping Christians gain practical tools they need to make a difference in their world.
Lee Strobel - Investigating Faith
James Sundquist – Abrahamic Faith
- Formation of the New Testament Canon
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries
- A global ministry that seeks to communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cultural influencers throughout the world.
- The Bible on YouTube
There are a number of user-edited Internet encyclopedias, known as "wikis." These may be very helpful, but because of the input of multiple editors, they may be incorrect. Go to any of these wikis and do a search for "The Bible" or any other topic.
- Wikipedia - General interest - May have non-Biblical point of view.
- Theopedia - Traditional, evangelical, Protestant point of view.
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Apologetics Central.