Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
French prosecutor seeks dissolution of Scientology
June 15, 2009 - The Church of Scientology's Paris headquarters and bookshop are defendants in a fraud trial that began on May 25. State prosecutor Maud Coujard urged the court to return a guilty verdict and dissolve the organization in France.
- Registered as a religion in the United States, with celebrity members such as actors Tom Cruise and John Travolta, Scientology enjoys no such legal protection in France, where it has faced repeated accusations of being a money-making cult.
- Source: UK Reuters
Questions And Links For Scientology
These are some of the questions that are asked about this topic. Search the links section to find helpful teaching and resources from Christian apologists.
- What is Scientology?
- About Scientology - ChristianAnswers.Net
- Scientology - John Weldon - Christian Research Institute
- Church Answers Charges: TIME Calls Scientology "Cult of Greed" - The Watchman Expositor
- What Scientologists Believe - Beliefnet
- Access Research Network
- A non-profit organization dedicated to providing accessible information on science, technology and society, especially on controversial topics as genetic engineering, euthanasia, computer technology, environmental issues, creation/evolution, fetal tissue research, and AIDS.
- Michael J. Behe
- Phillip E. Johnson
- William A. Dembski
- Steven Meyers
- Answers In Genesis
- Extensive website reflecting the teaching and ministries of founder Ken Ham. Information is available about their "Creation Museum" in Cincinnati and Answers Magazine.
- Apologetics: A Reasoned Defense of Christianity
- Southern Baptist – North American Mission Board
- Apologetics Study Bible
- Biola University - Christian Apologetics Program
- Biola offers a Master of Arts degree in Apologetics. They also conduct certificate programs for their popular "Defending The Faith" lecture series, and support the peer reviewed journal, Philosophia Christi. Dr. Craig Hazen leads the outstanding faculty of this department.
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Apologetics
- The Center For Christian Apologetics
- Christian Answers Net
- Apologetics megasite
- Christian Research Institute (CRI)
- Home of the "Bible Answer Man" radio program with Hank Hanegraaff. Publisher of the "Christian Research Journal." They have a large searchable database with helpful articles on all aspects of apologetics.
- Reasons To Believe
- Biblical creation teaching from the perspective that astronomy and other scientific disciplines prove that the earth and Universe are billions of years old. Dr. Hugh Ross is President and Director of Research.
- Skeptical Christian
- Stand To Reason
- This is the website for "Stand To Reason" radio show and host Greg Koukl. Koukl and other faculty members offer lectures and seminars geared towards helping Christians gain practical tools they need to make a difference in their world.
- Lee Strobel - Investigating Faith
- To Every Man An Answer
- This is a live call-in radio program that answers your questions about the Bible and the Christian faith.
- Ravi Zacharias International Ministries
- A global ministry that seeks to communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cultural influencers throughout the world.
- Scientology on YouTube
There are a number of user-edited Internet encyclopedias, known as "wikis." These may be very helpful, but because of the input of multiple editors, they may be incorrect. Go to any of these wikis and do a search for "Scientology" or any other topic.
- Scientology in Wikipedia
- Scientology in Theopedia
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Apologetics Central.